Monday, June 4, 2007

Angela Hunt's "The Awakening"

I love to read. The problem is that usually, by the time I'm done with my assigned reading for school (the portion that I do, anyway), I don't have time to read for pleasure. This summer, I'm working a job that requires a lot of just sitting and being available. If no one needs me, however, I have long stretches of time in which I can do whatever... And so far (3 days) I have used that time to read!

Yesterday and tonight I read Angela Hunt's The Awakening.


I really enjoyed it! It's a beautiful allegory about the love that God has for his children. At one point, Aurora (the main character) hears a voice that says, "I have always loved you." She doesn't know it, but it's God speaking to her. What a simple, poignant statement that we all need to hear.

I have always loved you.

It's a comforting whisper--a needed revelation.

My God never fails.

No comments: